Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Agile Workshop Experience

Recently I was a part of a thoughtworks team which was to run a workshop for a client on agile. This was the first time ever I was on the other side of the table, meaning I was not listening to people talking aboout some topic but actually I was delivering this time. Great experience I must say. Part of the good experience was the fact that I already had 2 seasoned professionals working alongside me on this workshop. Both of them seemed very very good at this kind of stuff so I was not too much under pressure to "do the right things". It was a very learning exp given that the audience were from very different profile and background/experience/and business. We have everyone from a developer to a tester to a qa manager to VP of development in the organisation attending the workshop and it was truly awesome to be facilitating for this workshop. More than the actual workshop what I liked was the preparation we did the previous night for the workshop. The 3 of us had gotten together just 12 hours before the actual show was to begin and still we came up with concrete plan deliverables, definite objective, execution mechanics and finally during the workshop it seemed so seamless as if we have been working together for last 2 years. The workshop seemed very well orchestrated and there was no hint that these are a bunch of people coming together in last 12 hours and cooking up stuff for the workshop.
Personally I enjoyed one of the sessions called Trends in which we tried to map our experiences to the pain points that clients have been facing in the organization. I was quite wired up during that session and actually took a lot of questions and did a lot of talking. One of the feedback I got was that I always tend to talk in in first person when narrating any experience. May be sometime I should talk in 3rd person. OK will keep that in mind.Apart from that I feel after my Talking experience to MS on agile Testing this was yet another step for me to broaden my work scope into non testing related function. Thanks to Rajeev and Jack who took me in the time despite me having zilch experience on any such activity previously.TOTALLY LOVED IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment